Sometimes the iPhone and/or iPad has trouble SENDING email, but able to receive just fine This is typically seen when setting up a new account.
There are typically two reasons for this:
- There is a problem with SMTP authentication
- You internet provider wants you to use a different PORT Number
You can find the settings for both of these on the same screen.
- From your iPhone/iPad go to SETTINGS
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Click on the Account that is having trouble
- Select SMTP at the bottom
- Select the Primary Server
- Make sure that that the Host Name (mail.ilgm.com), User Name (your full email address) and Password fields are filled out properly.
- Make sure that PASSWORD is the Authentication Option selected
- The default PORT number is 25, but some ISP's require this to be set to 587